First Community Building
Note: The CMO First Premises is currently not in operation and therefore cannot take bookings. For now please read on about what this space will offer.
The CMO First Premises is a meanwhile community facility located on the First Play Space, in close proximity to some of the early residents of Chilmington. A hub for community events and socials, it is a modular building that can be relocated as the development comes forward. It provides necessary workspace for the Chilmington Management Organisation, a bookable meeting room and community room with a garden. It will be open for public use until the fully equipped Community Hub is built at the heart of Chilmington Square by about the 1,800th home completion.
Details of the venue:
- Building is fully accessible
- Exterior cycle stands for up to 8 bicycles
- Car parking provided for 14 cars plus one disabled parking space.
- Equipped with oven, hob, fridge and microwave. Serving hatch to community space.
- Toilets, disabled and baby change available.
- Light and airy reception area for public exhibitions. Air conditioned.
- Fenced garden area at the rear of the premises (coming spring 2020)
Spaces within CMO building to be made available for hire:
- Community Space: 8 x 6.9m. With a serving hatch to the kitchen. Air conditioned and door to outside area. Max 40 people standing. Outside area will be turned into a pleasant space which can be enjoyed by hirers of the hall and a location for community events.
- Meeting Room: 6.8 x 4m. Air conditioned, accommodates 10 people. Use of kitchen included. Television available for presentations.
What’s on in the First Community Building
Browse all of our public events in the list below or from the calendar, or the Search below.
Annual General Meeting
The first CMO Annual General Meeting will be held online on Wednesday 17 March 2021.
See details at cmo.org.uk/agm